The Conference is focused on the following topics:
1. Evolution of plume
magmatism and related large igneous provinces (LIPs) in the Earth’s history.
2. Age intervals, duration and structure of LIPs.
3. Deep mantle sources
and role of plumes in the LIP formation.
4. Deep mantle geodynamics, models
of mantle plumes and problems of plume-lithosphere and mantle-core interaction
in the Earth’s history.
5. The role of plumes in the subcontinental
lithospheric mantle formation and modification.
6. Specific metallogeny of
LIPs as variation of size and composition.
7. Ore-magmatic systems of LIPs,
their fluid regime and formation factors, prediction and searching criteria for
huge and unique mineral deposits.
8. Effects of LIPs on the environment,
climate change and natural disasters.
Conference will be held in Listvyanka settlement located on Lake
Baikal shore, 70 km SE from Irkutsk. Scientific sessions will be arranged at