Materials posted on the site www.conoscope.ru
are designed for professionals involved in the study of optical
properties of using a polarizing microscope: mineralogists, petrographers, crystallographers, as well as teachers and students of geological departments of the universities.
You can get complete information about a new conoscopic method
of measurement optic angle and orientation of optical indicatrix anisotropic
1) articles describing the theoretical foundations of the
2) computer programs for calculating optic angle and play
isogyre on the screen;
3) guide to computer programs, with detailed
step by step instructions for their use.
The advantages of the «notches» in comparison with the method
1) possible to determine the large-angle optical axes,
including the obtuse angles 2V;
2) possible to determine the angle 2V
in oblique sections, in which the optical axis outside the field of view;
3) possible to determine the orientation of the optical indicatrix with
the removal of the measurement results on the stereographic net.